5 tips to consider when viewing a home
2) Consider the home type you prefer: All houses are not the same. Find one that best suits you. Do you prefer a Ranch-style home or Cape Cod? It’s much easier to change the carpet or paint the walls than totally transform a house’s exterior.
3) Think of the neighborhood: Do you see more “for sale” or “sold” signs? You want your house value to go up in appreciation. What about schools? When buying a home, you should think years into the future — not months.
4) Consider the resale value: Keep in mind that non-standard houses can be harder to sell. If you have to sell, you don’t want a home that’s going to sit on the market for years.
5) The home’s features: Is a pool a must have? Or will it just raise your price? House amenities like this are important to consider before you start searching.
2. Ask someone you trust if they’d recommend their agent.
3. Get the proper buyer advice from the beginning and have an expert there when you're ready to pull the trigger.