Tips for Selling, Donating and Buying Online
At times having the money to pay the bills seems like an impossible task, which is why more people are looking for ways to make a little extra cash when things get tight. If you are looking for easy ways to make money, here are some ideas for selling, donating and buying stuff online.
Get cash for the things you don’t need or want.
If you’re a frequent shopper, stop and look around your house. You’ll be surprised by all of the things you don’t use or need anymore. You can exchange them for cash online.
Post your items on commonly known websites where you can sell a wide variety of articles, from electronics and gadgets to books and home goods. You can also use specialized websites where you can sell used cars and used clothing in good condition.
Here are a few suggestions to keep in mind if you want to sell fast and make money quickly:
- Used items in good condition or “like new” items sell faster. Posting an actual picture of the item will catch your buyer’s attention.
- Optimize the title. Sometimes that’s the only thing the buyer reads. Writing a good description of the item ensures the buyer understands its merits and flaws.
- Be reasonable with the price. Value isn’t measured by how much you paid for an item or how attached you may be to it. Value is all about what a buyer is willing to pay.
- Offer a return policy. If you are willing to return, it makes their buying experience seem less risky.
- Mind those shipping charges. Free shipping is not necessary as long as the charge is reasonable. Buyers usually know how much it costs to ship articles and consider that when establishing a budget.
If you can’t sell, donate to local charities.
Some articles like old editions of textbooks are difficult to sell, but can be very valuable to have in a school library. Consider donating to charity the items that you can’t sell. Do some research and find the established and reputable programs and charities in your community. And don’t forget, keep that receipt for your tax records.
Looking to buy online? Know how to spot a safe bargain.
Bargain buying can leave you with a little extra cash in your pocket. You can save money by buying slightly used goods for a lot less than buying new. Keep these suggestions in mind when buying used items online:
- Take the time to do plenty of research before you buy. Know your budget and compare prices between used items and those that are listed as new.
- Ask for an actual photo. Be sure photos cover all angles of the item and don’t be afraid to ask for details. The more you know, the easier it is to make an informed purchase.
- Be savvy and always negotiate. Oftentimes sellers leave some room in the selling price for negotiating.
- Stick to popular websites for general merchandise if you’re looking for discounted brand items. But most importantly, always read the seller’s reviews.
For additional tips on how to save money refer to Simple Lifestyle Changes Can Lead to Big Savings.